How to Get More Done in Your Home Office with Peter Shankman
Peter is an accomplished entrepreneur and thought leader. He started and sold Help a Reporter Out (HARO), a service that helps reporters gather information from the public. He hosts the Faster than Normal Podcast, where he discusses the top strategies for success for those with ADD and ADHD – Peter being diagnosed with ADHD himself.
Today we are talking about the new normal of working from home and what that means for people with ADD, ADHD, and other neuro-diverse conditions that can make many things a little bit more difficult.
[00:01 – 05:53] Opening Segment
- I talk briefly about great values that await you in this episode
- I introduce and welcome our guest, Peter Shankman
- Peter talks about his background
- Advocate for the ADD, ADHD community
[05:54 – 17:28] How to Get More Done in Your Home Office
- Adjusting to the new normal of working from home, particularly for people with ADD, ADHD, and other neuro-diverse conditions.
- Time blocking
- Find a way that works for you.
[17:29 – 22:19] Closing Segment
- Quick break for our sponsors
- What is the best investment you've ever made other than your education?
- My peloton bike
- What is the worst investment you ever made?
- When I sold my company, I put money in several startups. Some lost, some became a success.
- What is the most important lesson that you've learned in business and investing?
- Take care of yourself first.
- Connect with Peter online. See the links below.
"The key is to keep writing these things down and to keep using whatever way does work for you and make sure that they do work. And if you find a way that works, don't change it." – Peter Shankman
"It doesn't come down to having to completely sterilize your life. It comes down to doing the things that make the most sense." – Peter Shankman
"At the end of the day, just because you have the ability to do something doesn't necessarily mean you should do it right away. Learn first." – Peter Shankman
"You are your own longest project. You are your own best investment, and if you are not taking care of yourself first, you will never be able to be as good as you could be but anything else in any part of your life." – Peter Shankman
LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to explode their business growth by sharing this episode or click here to listen to our previous episodes.