High Income Pros Must Practice Balance with Dr. Dawn Baker
A Cancer survivor, mother, and Doctor, Dawn L. Baker MD, MS is the founder of Practice Balance. She became interested in writing about wellness as a lover of language, outdoors, and as an athlete who experienced a major health crisis during residency training. Through her writing, coaching, and speaking, Dawn inspires others to develop their own individual practice of balance via self-knowledge and self-awareness. She has been featured on numerous podcasts such as The White Coat Investor and national syndicates such as KevinMD and Medpage Today.
[00:01 – 06:56] Getting to know Dawn
- I talk briefly about great values that await you in this episode
- I welcome our guest, Dr. Dawn Baker
- Dawn talks about her background and her career
- The effect of her cancer diagnosis on her mindset
- Finding the right balance in her life
[06:57 – 14:00] Practice Balance
- Dawn talks about being introspective
- Develop and maintain relationships
- Progress and moving forward
[14:01 – 23:48] Introspective Practices and Career Achievements
- Introspective practices that made an impact on her life and career as a Doctor
- The long process and practice of self-awareness
- Getting into the growth mindset
- Recognizing your authentic self
[23:48 – 32:49] Closing Segment
- Quick break for our sponsors
- What is the best investment you've ever made other than your education?
- My relationship with my spouse
- What is the worst investment you ever made?
- My Lack of Investment for my future and retirement
- What is the most important lesson that you've learned in business and investing?
- To do what’s right for you
- Connect with Dawn. See the links below.
"It takes a lot of work to have a great marriage, and to stay together in today’s age. And from a financial perspective, breaking up is really really expensive and the longer you’ve been together the more shared assets you have and or other family members like offspring, the harder it is.” - Dr. Dawn Baker
“Anytime you have some sort of health scare, it will make you think about what truly is important to you. What your real values are, who you really are, and what is your purpose. - Dr. Dawn Baker
“It is okay to be different. We all have different ways that we respond to stress. Different ways that we thrive and burnout.” - Dr. Dawn Baker
Guest Email: [email protected]
LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to explode their business growth by sharing this episode or click here to listen to our previous episodes.