Scaling to 8 Figures in Multifamily and Lessons Learned with Tyler Deveraux
Tyler Deveraux is the managing partner of MF Capital Partners, a privately held, multifamily investment company, and has been investing in real estate for over 14 years. At the age of 21, he acquired his first student rental property, quickly understood the potential of the industry, and never looked back.
Tyler is also the Co-Founder & CEO of The Multifamily Mindset, an education company that provides new & seasoned investors with the training and support they need to acquire multi-family properties.
Today, Tyler controls over 1,500 apartment units, throughout 5 different states with values north of $100 Million.
For this episode, we talk all about his path and journey towards financial freedom and success
[00:01 – 09:01] Opening Segment
- I talk briefly about great values that await you in this episode
- I welcome our guest, Tyler Deveraux
- Tyler talks about his background
- MF Capital Partners
- The Multifamily Mindset
- Getting into the real estate business
[09:02 – 18:23] Tyler’s Journey scaling to 8 Figures in Multifamily
- Tyler looks back on his first investment
- Scaling and growing properties
- Lessons he learned from the property management aspect of the business
- A shift in mindset for Tyler
[18:24 – 25:05] Investing in Markets from a distance
- Tyler talks about how he studies and invests in markets that are far from him
- Impacts of Covid to real estate markets
- Things to look for within the market and within the property
[25:06 – 37:14] Closing Segment
- Quick break for our sponsors
- What is the best investment you've ever made other than your education?
- Investing time to flourish my relationship with my partner and eventual wife
- What is the worst investment you ever made?
- Investing in an IRA
- What is the most important lesson that you've learned in business and investing?
- Utilize opportunities to separate yourself from what other people tend to do.
- Connect with Tyler. See the links below.
“I have failed at more things than I have succeeded at, but I also feel like I succeeded because I was willing to fail.” - Tyler Deveraux
“The true key to wealth is providing value. If you understand how to provide value to other people, you will always be able to create wealth.” - Tyler Deveraux
LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to explode their business growth by sharing this episode or click here to listen to our previous episodes.