Side Hustling and Burnout for the Busiest of Busy Pros with Dr. Nisha Mehta
Dr. Nisha Mehta is a Radiologist, Keynote speaker, writer, and physician advocate. Her missions include addressing the physician burnout epidemic through physician empowerment and cultural change in medicine, as well as increasing business and financial literacy amongst physicians in order to promote career longevity and satisfaction. She is a strong proponent of creating physician communities to achieve these goals, with over 100k verified physician members in her online communities, physician side gigs, and Physician Community.
[00:01 – 04:07] Getting to Nisha Mehta
- I talk briefly about great values that await you in this episode
- I welcome our guest, Dr. Nisha Mehta
- Nisha talks about her background
- Intention to start her online community
[04:08 – 14:56] Side Hustles and Burnout for the Busiest of Busy Pros
- The reality of the financial situation of most physicians
- Root cause of the debt problems of physicians
- Nisha talks about the effect of burnout on the Medical field and healthcare
- Solution to solving burnout in the medical field
- Community building
- Taking a step back reassess what we want in life
[14:57 – 21:33] The FIRE Movement in the Physician Community
- Pros and Cons of the FIRE movement within the world of physicians
- Nisha talks about developing side income streams as busy professionals
[21:34 – 27:36] Nisha’s Real Estate Investments
- Nisha talks about her current real estate investment strategies
- Passive investments in the last decade
- Nisha talks about her plans to transition from passive to active investments
[27:37 – 36:28] Closing Segment
- Quick break for our sponsors
- What is the best investment you've ever made other than your education?
- Reading a lot about negotiation
- What is the worst investment you ever made?
- Giving our investments to a financial adviser
- What is the most important lesson that you've learned in business and investing?
- Knowing what it is what you want, and knowing your worth
- Connect with Nisha. See the links below.
“You can always find a good deal if you look hard enough for it.” - Dr. Nisha Mehta
"There are so many people who undervalue themselves on a daily basis. People can smell blood in the water when you don’t value yourself, and you’re bound to not only make less money but also be less happy.” - Dr. Nisha Mehta
“I think that being financially responsible is huge. You could make a good argument that you would never need any other side income if you were just really smart about how you spent your money. But as Physicians, we know that tomorrow is never guaranteed.” - Dr. Nisha Mehta
- Never Split the Difference - Chris Voss
Guest Email: [email protected]
LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to explode their business growth by sharing this episode or click here to listen to our previous episodes.